Category: Nail Polish/Beauty
Cost: $19.99 USD per month + free shipping
Availability: USA and Canada
Once you’ve signed up to be a Maven, each month a classy little black box — filled with trendy nail colours and beauty products — will be delivered straight to your front door.
- Free shipping (on all Maven boxes + any other orders)
- 20% discount on all products
- Earn Julep Jules redeemable towards free products and/or boxes
- Send your box to a friend or skip the month (and your bill!) as often as you’d like
The company is based out of Seattle, Washington which is great for cross-border shopping. (If I lived in the Vancouver, BC area a trip to a Julep Parlor would be on my bucket list!) However, the Maven subscription boxes — like anyone or anything else crossing the border — need to be cleared by CBSA first. Have you heard about patience being a virtue? You have? Awesome! Make that your mantra, as delivery via Canada Post will take roughly two weeks.
BARE FACE CLEANSING OIL | Reg. price: $28.00, Maven price: $22.40
Julep Bare Face is a lightweight, antioxidant-rich cleanser that gently and thoroughly dissolves makeup, dirt, and excess oil without over-drying skin, then rinses clean with no oily residue. It’s recommended for all skin types.
I’m super excited to try this out, mainly because it arrived at a very convenient time — I just used up the last of my St.Ives apricot facial cleanser. If it doesn’t dry out my already-dry skin then this product might be a keeper!
NAIL POLISH | Reg. price: $14.00, Maven price: $11.20 each
- As always, the polishes are fast drying and apply smoothly. One coat is often enough, although two is better the micro-glitter polish. For budget reasons, I skipped my August box and was planning to stick to my guns and skip September too….until I saw Tatiana — I had to have her!
- If all the items had been purchased separately at the Maven price (including my add-ons: 2 bottles of Reece + box of polish remover pads), the actual box cost would be $75.19 USD. So what did I pay? $33.96 USD!!! As usual, this box service is a true beauty bargain.
Not a Julep Maven yet? If you don’t mind being a guinea pig for an up-and-coming brand’s new products, please consider signing up through my referral link. Try entering coupon code freebox or freemaven at check-out and your first box should be FREE!
– Alicia ♥