I’ve woefully neglected my blog for several months, so when The Daily Post mentioned that they’d be hosting another round of blogging challenges — I signed up. This would be the “kick in the pants” that I needed to get back on track…or so I thought. You see — I’m a notorious procrastinator. Something I conveniently forgot, as I happily filled in my deets on the sign-up form.
It’s now Day 10 of the Blogging101: Zero to Hero challenge, and I’m behind by several days (as usual). Here’s a list of the challenges to-date:
- Day One: Introduce Yourself. Write and publish a “who I am and why I’m here” post.
- Day Two: Say Your Name. Edit your title and tagline. Make your readers’ first impression a good one!
- Day Three: A Penny For Your Thoughts. Write the post that was on your mind when you decided to start a blog.
- Day Four: Say “Hi!” To The Neighbours. Follow 5 new topics in the Reader and 5 new blogs. A blog is just a diary unless there’s a community — start building yours.
- Day Five: Love Your Theme. Try out at least 3 other themes — even if you’re happy with the one you first chose.
- Day Six: Write To Your Dream Reader. Publish a post for your dream reader, and include a new-to-you element in it.
- Day Seven: Start Personalizing. Create and upload a simple header, background, or both. Already done? Try a custom widget.
- Day Eight: Make Your “About” Page Irresistible. Create and publish your About page, and adapt it for a widget on your home page.
- Day Nine: Inspire Yourself. Write a post inspired by your About page.
- Day Ten: Dress Up Your Sidebar. Add and/or customize two widgets.
Everything in pink is what I’ve managed to complete. Now your probably thinking, “She’s finished seven out of ten tasks. That’s not so bad.” Confession time? Three-quarters of those “completed” tasks are really just challenges I was able to skip. When you’ve had your blog up and running for eleven months or so (like me), chances are you’ve already addressed the aesthetics (themes, headers, backgrounds, widgets, etc.).
Do you have a problem with procrastination too? Please share your tips and tricks in the comment section below….because, clearly, this is an area I need help in.
Stay beautiful (and on schedule!),
– Alicia ♥